I have been inspired to make recipes using Crescent rolls recently. Last night, I made chicken pot pie pockets for dinner. It was yummy and quick to make with easy clean up. I used Ina Garten’s recipe for making the sauce for chicken pot pie but had to vary it based on the ingredients I had.This recipe makes 4 pockets with lots of chicken base remaining!
1 package of Crescent rolls
1 chicken breast
2 tbsp of butter
1 medium onion
2 tbsp of flour
1 1/2 cup of chicken broth
1/2 cup of frozen peas
5-6 sticks of baby carrots diced into 1 inch thick discs
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Sprinkle salt and pepper on the chicken breast and bake it in the oven for 35-40 minutes till it is done and juices run clear. I flipped the breast midway during baking.
2. Take the chicken out and cube it into small pieces and keep aside.
3. In the meantime, melt the butter in a saucepan and saute the onions till they are soft. Sprinkle the flour and cook it for 3 minutes.
4. Add the chicken broth and stir till it is thickened and there are no lumps of flour.
5. Add the peas and carrots and cook it over medium fire for another 5 minutes.
6. Stir in the chicken and mix till it is all combined.
7. Roll out the crescent dough such that you have two triangles joined to form a lengthy rectangle. Make sure to pinch the creases in the middle so that they don’t split open.
8. Spread little bit of the chicken sauce on one end and fold the other end over. Press the three edges properly and use a fork to make indentations on three edges.
7. Repeat this for three more rectangles.
8. Preheat the oven to 375 F and bake these rectangles for about 10-12 minutes till they are golden.