Today’s lunch was easy to make! Homemade pizza pockets. I actually got inspired to make these when I saw an advertisement on Food Network about Crescent Rolls! I had a Pillsbury Crescent package handy and decided to put together homemade pizza pockets for lunch. These are so easy to make and you can fill it with just about anything you like. This time, I used some pasta sauce, mushrooms and meat. Next time, I am thinking of making a pocket version of chicken pot pie using crescent rolls!
1 package of Crescent rolls
1/2 cup of Pasta Sauce
1/2 cup of Ground meat sautéed
5 Baby mushrooms sautéed
Shredded cheese (I used cheddar)
1. Pop open the crescent roll and unroll the dough. I kept two triangles together to form a rectangle. I pressed together the triangles so that there is no gap.
2. Layer some pasta sauce on one end of the rectangle, top it with some ground meat, mushrooms and cheese. Remember to always top the pizza with cooked toppings.
3. Fold the other end of the rectangle over and seal the three edges.I used a fork to make indentations on all three sides as well.
4. Place the pizza pockets on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
5. Preheat the oven to 375 F and bake these for 10-12 minutes till they become golden in color.
6. Serve warm and enjoy!