If you have some orange juice, heavy cream and flour in your pantry, this is a recipe to try. I found this recipe online and it looked delicious as well as nutritious. It’s winter break now for my son, so I do not have to rush through the breakfast. The other day I was at loss to make something different for breakfast. That’s when I came across orange creamsicle muffins!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar, mixed with 1 tbsp orange zest
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup Wilton’s peppermint candy melts chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Line the muffin pan with paper liners.
3. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk together orange juice, heavy cream, egg and vegetable oil.
4. Mix together the wet and dry mixtures till combined. Add chopped candy melts and stir to combine.
5. Scoop the mixture into the muffin pan. Remember to fill only approximately 2/3 cup full or less since it would expand during baking.
6. Bake the muffins till done, approximately 18 minutes. Test it using a toothpick inserted into the center. The toothpick should come out clean.
7. Transfer the muffins onto rack and allow to cool.