Pizza dough (I bought Pillsbury pizza dough; it’s cheap and easy to handle)
Cooked grilled chicken
Couple handfuls of spinach leaves
Mozzarella cheese cut into small ½ inch strips
Oil for brushing
For tomato sauce
One can of diced tomatoes
1 tbsp of dried basil
2 tbsp of Mrs. Dash seasoning powder
Salt and pepper to taste
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F. In a medium saucepan, bring the can of diced tomatoes, basil, seasoning powder, salt and pepper to a vigorous boil, Try to mash down the tomatoes with back of your ladle and continue cooking. Reduce to a simmer and let the sauce thicken to the consistency you like. It should take probably 10 minutes or so. If you do not want chunks of tomato in your pizza, you can buzz the sauce in a food processor to make a smooth consistency
2. In the meantime, prep your pizza pan, you can use circular or square pie pan. I don’t have a traditional pizza pan, so I improvise by using a square grill pan and cover it with aluminum foil. I brush some oil on the foil to avoid the pizza sticking to it
3. Once the sauce is ready, time to assemble your pizza, pop open the pizza dough and roll it over the prepped pan. Spread it evenly and use your fingers to make it even over the pan and push up the edges a bit. Some pizza dough cans instructs to pre-bake the dough for 8 minutes before spreading the toppings. But I generally skip that and bake it in the end
4. Spread the tomato sauce over the pizza careful to leave ½ inch space fom the edges. Next layer the chicken and mozzarella cheese strips followed with shredded spinach leaves. Finish with grated Asiago cheese all over.
5. Place the pan in the oven for 15 minutes till the pizza crust turn golden and the cheeses are bubbling.
6. Once done, let it cool down for a minute or so and then dig in!!